What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

touchy ailerons

wrgway

I've noticed a drastic difference between the feel of my 7's ailerons (very light and twitchy)when compared to several 8's and a 4. The difference is drastic and very noticable by everyone that's been in the plane. Anyone else have a similar situation or have any suggestions for correcting the condition?

Thanks

Yup. Mike is right.
Do a search in the forums on aileron trailing edges. It would be good for you to have an understanding of how they are supposed to be, before you start squeezing them.

I've noticed a drastic difference between the feel of my 7's ailerons (very light and twitchy)when compared to several 8's and a 4. The difference is drastic and very noticable by everyone that's been in the plane. Anyone else have a similar situation or have any suggestions for correcting the condition?

Thanks

Thanks for all the input. I tried squeezing the trailing edge of the ailerons and it worked perfectly, plane flies like a dream and is also very stable in turns etc. now.

Wrgway.

just as a reference,

were these ailerons self-built?
or quickbuild?
if QB, which year of delivery and do you have reference pictures maybe?

thanks a lot,

bernie

I'm not familiar with the RV7 wing. My RV4 aileron bellcrank has one "leg" longer than the other. If the RV7 is similar, make sure the bellcranks are not backwards.

Cameron Smith
RV4 #68

Back