What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Parts Question

DanH

Legacy Member
Mentor
Please confirm or deny...

The tabs and doublers indicated below are tailpipe hangars, only used with the early version of the RV-14? They are deleted if building the dual exhaust -119 version with an enclosed tunnel?

Attachments

• IMG_20220415_142048248.jpg
    IMG_20220415_142048248.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 160
I'm not yet at the level where I can confirm or deny but that exhaust hanger (F-01465) was included in the slow build RV-14 fuselage kit that I had delivered yesterday. I saw it while doing inventory.

Last edited:
The tabs and doublers indicated below are tailpipe hangars, only used with the early version of the RV-14? They are deleted if building the dual exhaust -119 version with an enclosed tunnel?

I have a “legacy” RV14/Lycoming IO390 - not an EXP119. However, I have a Vetterman exhaust (not tunnel exhaust) and a cowl flap kit installed. I can verify the hangars are not needed for anything with a dual exhaust - I had to cut mine off with a die grinder to fit the tunnel cover.

Dan. Those parts not required for EXP119. I installed parts you listed per plans prior to EXP119 option. When I decided to go with the EXP119, I did not remove them when installing the lower closeout/cowl flap assembly. I bent them slightly upward so the lower closeout panel would fit flush to bottom skin. Here's a couple pics to show parts in question.

Attachments

• DSCN8973.JPG
    DSCN8973.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN8974.JPG
    DSCN8974.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 119
Can't confirm or deny :)

I can confirm that they are for the Exhaust hanger and I can also confirm that you will get them in your kit even if you have the EXP119 which does not require them.
I did end up install them as one never know what future will bring and the holes were punched anyway so I needed to put some dummy rivet if nothing else.

Back