What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ACS A-510-2

Plummit

Well Known Member
My wife and I flew our -10 to KGEU for Thanksgiving with family. Flew back Friday morning and put the plane in the hangar.

Saturday morning we were going to fly to breakfast but the right mag wasn't firing. I had replaced my engine-driven fuel pump 2 weeks ago but everything was normal until Saturday morning.

I thought I would start trouble shooting with the Ignition switch and work forward from there. My initial idea was to disconnect the P lead from the switch and try it again, but while looking at the switch I saw there were 3 leads attached to the center "GND" and the screw was loose. I tightened the screw and everything worked as expected.

In reading about the switch I noted that there is a Service Bulletin (SB 92-01). I'll replace the switch and trace down the other leads on that center ground terminal. Does anyone know if the diode installation applies to Non-Cessna A/C? I expect it would.

-Marc

My wife and I flew our -10 to KGEU for Thanksgiving with family. Flew back Friday morning and put the plane in the hangar.

Saturday morning we were going to fly to breakfast but the right mag wasn't firing. I had replaced my engine-driven fuel pump 2 weeks ago but everything was normal until Saturday morning.

I thought I would start trouble shooting with the Ignition switch and work forward from there. My initial idea was to disconnect the P lead from the switch and try it again, but while looking at the switch I saw there were 3 leads attached to the center "GND" and the screw was loose. I tightened the screw and everything worked as expected.

In reading about the switch I noted that there is a Service Bulletin (SB 92-01). I'll replace the switch and trace down the other leads on that center ground terminal. Does anyone know if the diode installation applies to Non-Cessna A/C? I expect it would.

-Marc

Depends -- the purpose of the diode is to prevent damage to the switch contacts when the starter relay is disengaged. If your aircraft has a diode installed on the starter relay between the "S" terminal and the firewall, then you do NOT need the additional diode on the switch.

Back