What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

9/3 Fly-out

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Scorch confirmed the restaurant is open at 0800 Sunday, so a few of us are going to try to end up there at 0900. Ironflight from Houston is going to try to meet us there with his RV-8 'Valkyrie'.

ID: 0TE4 http://www.airnav.com/airport/0TE4

photo courtesy airnav.com​

Hilltop Lakes Breakfast

Doug & others,

Be advised, don't wear good walking shoes that have any kind of air chamber in the soles! The last time we went to Hilltop, the stickers were so bad that it punctured your shoes and it took months to get them out of the aircraft tires.

It seems they went from having a deer problem to sticker problems. Let us know if it's still a bad situation, if the weather is good enough to go, that is. ;)

Wilco, Mike.
Wearing hiking boots and will watch the grass parking extra careful.
b,d

mrreddick said:
Doug & others,

Be advised, don't wear good walking shoes that have any kind of air chamber in the soles! The last time we went to Hilltop, the stickers were so bad that it punctured your shoes and it took months to get them out of the aircraft tires.

It seems they went from having a deer problem to sticker problems. Let us know if it's still a bad situation, if the weather is good enough to go, that is. ;)

Possible Plan 'B' if WX gets in the way.

Current TAF not so great for the DFW area. If we have to cancel, we'll cancel and just eat at the airport diner (Blue Hangar Cafe at 52F)....and maybe a hop around the panel.

Hope for the best <g>.

2006/09/02 23:21 UTC

The observation is:

TAFKDFW 022321Z 030024 01014G18KT P6SM VCSH BKN060 OVC100
FM0200 01011KT P6SM VCSH BKN060 OVC100 TEMPO 0408 5SM -SHRA BKN035
FM0800 01008KT P6SM VCSH OVC040 TEMPO 0812 4SM -SHRA OVC016
FM1200 36008KT 6SM -SHRA OVC015

Hilltop Lakes

Doug or Doc,

You didn't mention it earlier, are the stickers still bad at Hilltop?
They were so bad on our last trip there that I can't get anyone to go back.
Please advise when you get time.

Thanks,

Mike R.

Morning, Mike!

The stickers at Hilltop Lakes were not bad at all last weekend. They have lengthened the runway since my last visit years ago. It extends nearly to the road now and looked like it had been repaved and re-marked. I could see stickers, but we parked on the concrete pads and walked immediately to the road.

I had (1) sticker in my shoe when I got back in the plane. None in the tires. Restaurant was not crowded, we walked straight to a table and ordered.

Very pleasant trip.

b,
d

Back