What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 CFI needed in AZ

cdwambolt

Any body have a good RV8 CFI in the Phoenix/Tuscon area? New owner needs 10 hours either for him or his CFI who has RV time, just not an 8

Thanks
Charlie

Are you sure that it has to be an RV-8? That may limit your chances. Why is an RV-6 or -7 not adequate?

Are you sure that it has to be an RV-8? That may limit your chances. Why is an RV-6 or -7 not adequate?

Ron is being polite, I don't know of anyone that would get in the back seat of an '8' with someone that they are not familiar with. Most insurance companies will sign off on dual received in a 6 or 7 as long as it has the same type of gear.

John Clark ATP, CFI
FAAST Team Representative
EAA Flight Advisor
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

I second that thought i wouldnt get in the back seat with anyone!!!!!! You get better training in a side by side seating anyway. Another thought is you need full dual controls to really take or give dual. I no of no Rv-4 or Rv-8s that have brakes in the rear seat. All insurance companies that i know of accept the RV-6/7 for all RV tailwheel training. Best Mike

Back