What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gramin/Flaps question

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
For people using garmin. How do you set your flaps? "Absolute position mode" or "relative position mode". the latter can have airspeed constraints.

For people using garmin. How do you set your flaps? "Absolute position mode" or "relative position mode". the latter can have airspeed constraints.
If you have GAD 27, you can set it to relative position mode and then go to Engine page to set/calibrate it to set it at different position/degrees. Then pressing the flap switch, it will take it to the next position and stops.

If you have GAD 27, you can set it to relative position mode and then go to Engine page to set/calibrate it to set it at different position/degrees. Then pressing the flap switch, it will take it to the next position and stops.

The GAD27 just accepts a flap position input, correct? You still need a sensor to tell it where they are..I think.

The GAD27 just accepts a flap position input, correct? You still need a sensor to tell it where they are..I think.
That is correct, you need a position sensor which VANS sells or you can buy it direct from Ray Allen. VANS part is a kit which makes it easier and probably for the same price.
The part is POS-12

You can also get the PH Aviation flap motor, which appears to be more robust than the stock one but also has a built-in position sensor. That’s the route I went with my RV-14 and I’m very happy with it.

Back