What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Community in Boston Area?

Hi!

I am a long time RV-7 owner (500+ hours total time) and have recently relocated to the East Coast and find myself in an unusual situation without my plane. I've tried connecting with some flight clubs around here and their planes are quite underwhelming compared to my trusty RV-7 (big surprise, right?).

Was wondering if there is an RV community here in the Greater Boston area. I'd love to connect with like-minded pilots. I am closest to KBED and KOWD.

Would also be curious to get suggestions of good A&Ps for RVs in the area, both in terms of capability and cost.

And just throwing it out there -- I'd even be interested in buying into a plane share with a commitment of at least 3ish years, if someone has a good setup and is interested in sharing the operational costs and load. I'm quite well-versed in the upkeep of RVs at this point and have found that having a two-person share for my RV-7 has been ideal.

Best,
G

I would check with eaa chapter 106 in Lawrence.
Alan
N603NH
N668G

Last edited:
RV6A available for partnership or club

Hi G
I have an RV6A in KPYM. I recently bought a Cardinal to allow for more useful load, and 4 people. but I love my 6a... I have a couple of people interested in a partnership / club. Let me know if you would like to know more and how to reach you. The aircraft is hangered, well maintained (I did not build) but have a local A&P who knows RV's very well, we have several at KPYM. It is VFR, with AV-30, u-avionix Echo UAT adsb in and out. Full set of EI guages, It also has an older Navaid wing leveler, that is wired to a garmin 696 which will give you basic navigation if you want it. New tires, Slider and tilt canopy.

There are several RVs on the South Shore at Plymouth MA (PYM) and Taunton MA (TAN), and a lot (-3, -4, -7, -8, -10 and -14 all flying, and a -10 just starting) on the north side at Nashua NH (ASH) where I'm based.

There are a couple of maintenance shops at ASH that have done work on RVs, but I'm not sure how much of that they take on.

HTH

Dave

Last edited:
We have several RVs @ Marshfield (GHG) ; I have an 8 and I know of an 8a,10 and a 14 on the field.

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses. Would love to get more tapped into the community, and happy to start with just meeting up for coffee and talking airplanes. :)

I sent some private messages as follow ups. Hope to connect with folks.

Best,
G

Back