What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Monster retread tires

Wilkerson

Try Wilkerson in Blackstone VA. I’m using 600x6 Wilkersons retreads and I think they wear better than the Monster

Wilkerson is in the process of rebuilding and relocating their facilities . About 2 or 3 months ago the shop/ factory burnt to the ground. Their current phone number is 434-645-9641 give them a call, really nice family operation I've been trading with them for many years. Hopefully they'll be back up and running soon.

Wilkerson is back operational with re-treading

Web page says they started with tires for regional carriers, Aug 16, … and hoped to move to others and GA in days and weeks ahead

Lists phone number as 434.645.9641

Last edited:
What is max size to fit A model wheel?

I would love to have bigger tires on my 9a both on the "A" and the mains. Without having to change the wheels, what size works?

On my 9A it looks like there is only about 3/4" - 1" between the between and the front fork so it couldnt be too much larger. I understand the retreads are bigger - maybe that is the answer?

Desser Monster Retreads

These are excellent tires! Very generous treads and have outlasted all tires I have tried.

if you have the old style wheel pants, as I do on my RV-4. you may not be able to use them. because of the deeper tread they rub on the top of the my wheel pants.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Another plug for Wilkerson. I purchased tires for my 10 from them earlier in the year. Called to ask a few questions, Bill Wilkerson picked up the phone and spent 30 minutes on the phone with me telling me about their process, etc. Very happy with mine so far, and unlike the stock tires, these show very little signs of wear at this point.

Another plug for Wilkerson. I purchased tires for my 10 from them earlier in the year. Called to ask a few questions, Bill Wilkerson picked up the phone and spent 30 minutes on the phone with me telling me about their process, etc. Very happy with mine so far, and unlike the stock tires, these show very little signs of wear at this point.

Sounds good - is that the only way to get information on their stock and their prices - by phone? I couldn't find any sort of price list on their website. Perhaps they have resellers?

I’d suggest a phone call or email. I toured the factory yesterday. Our RV tires are in production. Bill says he has adequate stock, too. Our tour group bought half a dozen RV tires yesterday.

I’ve flown Wilkerson tires for about 20 years. Long lasting, good quality.

I'm on my second set of Monster retreads. They last much longer than the Aero Classic ones that came from Van's. I did have to trim off another 3/4" from my wheel pant openings to get them to fit around the much taller/wider tire.

Back