What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kit transportation

Electrogunner

Well Known Member
Shout out to Brian Wallis for transporting my RV10 emp QB fuselage and QB wings this past weekend. If anyone needs any transporting done he is your man. As you know he knows aircraft and how to protect your investment while it’s in his hands. Quick to get scheduled and arrive on time at a reasonable price.
Brian Wallis
307-220-4444

Empennage kit fit in a Skywagon?

Has anyone packed for transporting an empennage kit (RV14) in a Cessna Skywagon?

Its dimensions and weight are 114" X 32" X 13" and 220 LBS, according to Van's. If that's your Skywagon, you can decide if it'll physically fit. It would be worth a call to see if it needs to go flat or if it can go on a side. Either way, you might want to remove some seats.

Dave
C180 flying
RV-3B, fiddling with the vertical tail installation now

The box will not fit. Wondering if anyone has a picture of the contents so I can see if we can fit them in without the crate.

Outside the box

Don't forget to think outside the box, the gentleman who picked up his tail kit from me in GA for a -10 came up in a regular pickup truck. We assisted in building a box and off he went. Lots of parts in the backseat and the rest in the box with the horizontal stab aft of the tailgate. Finding a box truck is horrible these days, lots of very smart people thinking outside the box. Also please secure everything, more than one aircraft has been lost due to things shifting in flight...

Back