What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Felt/air sealer For Canopy

ChrisHodgens

I would like your thoughts on what we can do to seal our canopy. We have an RV eight that we converted to a tip over fast back design and just got the paint redone. I want to know what you guys have done to put felt or some type of air sealer on the inside of the canopy to keep it from leaking air and also nonabrasive to the new paint thanks guys

To better seal my slider I used the “fuzzy “ velcro aka loop where it meets fuse. Not a solution for a large area/gap.

If air is exiting your canopy, you can install a "floppy" seal that will be pushed into place kind of like your baffle seals. On a slider, an "L" shaped seal glued on the inside of your slider side skirts, just above the canopy deck level will take care of a lot of it.

For air blowing in under a seal, you need something that will close the actual gap and not get pushed out of the way. Foam rubber, fuzzy velcro, etc.

An easy "fix" on sliding canopies is to split a piece of copper pipe insulation in half lengthwise and drop the pieces into the gaps between the skirt and canopy rail on each side after you close the canopy. They will suck right into place in flight and provide a good seal. Pull 'em out before you open the canopy or you may lose them.

Sticky strips of foam weather sealing of various widths and thicknesses is available at your local hardware store and is very light weight and inexpensive

Back