What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My RV-4 panel update

CATPart

Well Known Member
I just got done with a quick and simple panel update. I did a lot of planning to keep it from looking like an afterthought, square peg in a round hole sort of thing. I am pretty happy with the result. Had planned on painting the panel white to match, but I am really digging the bare aluminum. Will take it off one more time and put some uniform scuff marks in it to even it out and dull it down a bit.

Flush mounted mini-x and gtr200b, as I need all the extra space I can get. I installed a TailbeaconX in the wingtip, and decided to use a Mini-x instead of an AV30E, since the mini gives me an autopilot and moving map as extras.

I will be selling the removed items:
Bendix King KX 125 Nav Comm (no glidescope)
Flightcom 403mc mono intercom
Mid-Continenet Turn Coordinator
Terra TRT 250 D transponder and Terra altitude encoder

Big shout out to the guy s that made my sub-panel, palcards for the N-number and autopilot-master switches, and an adapter plate for the mini flush mount. They machined the parts to perfection and at a reasonable price. I found them on an old VAF thread and they are still here doing great work:

Andy Brobeck
Plate Engraving Corp
2324 Sharon Copley Rd
Medina, OH 44256
330-239-2155

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• New-Panel.jpg
    New-Panel.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 234
  • Old-Panel.JPG