Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 01-17-2022, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv8ch View Post
Another opinion - besides looking like the aircraft that you trained in, why use a keyswitch? They are expensive, seem to fail regularly, and you'll still need to add toggle switches to test power on the pmags.

Nice thing about "homebuilt" is we get to do our own thing.
I didn't build my airplane. The guy who did used Don Swords for the firewall-forward and it was built with regular magnetos, so all the wiring and switchery was already there. Somewhere along the line in the last 10 years, he or the subsequent owner switched over to Pmags so they just used the existing key switch and added a couple of little SPST switches on the panel for power. I'm sure there are many other really cool ways to do that, but I have no desire whatsoever to get under my panel in order to retro something like that. "Juice not worth the squeeze" to me.
AFS 5400/3500, G5, IFD440 navigator,
bunch of other stuff