What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airwolf Air Oil Separator

N29945

I have a purchased RV6A with an O360, and an Airwolf Air Oil Separator on it, I can find no reference to it in the build log, and I find no data for it in any of the records and paperwork, the question is does it require annual maintenance, or cleaning or replacement of any parts, the underside of the plane always has a mist of oil on it, the large vent tub is secured on the engine mount almost straight below the black canister about 6 inches above the lower cowling opening just in front of the firewall, the engine is a 20 year old 500 hour total time engine, there is some puddling of oil inside the cowling, all of the clamps a fittings seem to be tight, I am still chasing an oil consumption issue.
Anyone care to share your knowledge of how this works, I have written about this before but still not satisfied with my results.
Jim Skinner
KJDD
RV6A, RV6 sadly sold, hole bunch of Gulfstream, Falcon, Lear, Beech, Cessna,
Exempt but contribution in the mail soon, I always lean something valuable from these exchanges

Back