What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

where do i get the conduit for the cables going to the battery

I used the stuff Van’s sells. Some people don’t like it because it’s corrugated, but I had zero issues with it and it’s super easy to install

No conduit...

As an option to using conduit for the battery cable from FW to rear battery mount, you can install it using snap bushings and per Van's optional electrical drawing for the RV-10, which is OP-37.

Noting that it does provide a minimal electrical system, I find the routing and installation methods very helpful.

Last edited:
As an option to using conduit for the battery cable to from FW to rear battery mount, you can install it using snap bushings and per Van's optional electrical drawing for the RV-10, which is OP-37.

Noting that it does provide a minimal electrical system, I find the routing and installation methods very helpful.

Whoops. I missed the battery cable part. I didn’t use conduit for the battery cable either. Just snap bushings where required,

I was wondering why the ducting was always listed as “on back order”. I asked today when ordering something else and apparently it’s because they cut it to size as ordered. So, it’s not a multi-month wait or anything to order from Van’s (at least theoretically, as of this writing, etc :) )

There’s also a wiring kit you can get which includes the #2 wire for the battery. https://store.vansaircraft.com/basic-rv-wiring-kit-es-ewc-kit.html

Back