What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

If Not K&N, What?

JDeanda

Well Known Member
Recent post included a YouTube video that made the K&N air cleaners look pretty dismal. Soooo, is there a substitute air cleaner that will fit where the K&N used to be?

The K&N's have worked well for me for >20 years. I've probably gone through 4ish filters in that time. They fit, they work. I don't see a reason to change.

Tempest equivelant filters to K&N

Soooo, is there a substitute air cleaner that will fit where the K&N used to be?

Yes there is, IF you are using a round K&N filter. If you are using the square flat one in some RV fuel injected systems, then no.

Here's the info on the Tempest equivalents of the K&N:https://tempestplus.com/product/induction-air-filters/

Click on the applications tab and scroll down to the Van's section. The AA10-3260 fits the K&N E-3260, and the AA10-3450 fits the K&N E-3450.

I have an AA10-3450 on the shelf, waiting for the next condition inspection, so no actual field experience with it.

I like the Project Farm vids but on what circumstances do we encounter flour while flying?

If you’re doing a bunch of dusty off field stuff then maybe you you think twice but 90% of our engine operations are in fairly clean air. I use K&N and oil analysis always indicate good filtration as indicated by silicone levels in oil

I've always had bigger problems from the leaky alt air door design. When the silicon levels were high, it was the alt air door, not the filter.

Back