What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nose Wheel RV9A

hpdmp3486

Was looking at the different threads on the nose wheels looks like decided on the Beringer to replace what I have now.

I have looked at ACS if I use them I have to order. Looking at the Beringer products what would replace my current set up on my RV9A?

Looks like I have a no bearing set up with a tubed 11X4.00-5 Chen Shin tire

Attachments

• 11BE85A5-F957-4FC4-A4DB-3575EC59F71C.jpeg
    11BE85A5-F957-4FC4-A4DB-3575EC59F71C.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 137
Is it possible that is the antisplat sealed bearing wheel? If so, you have much of the advantage of the berringer already. Not the cool color and weight savings, but a sealed bearing is nice.

SRV02A is/was the Beringer PN, ACS has some new PN’s I haven’t seen before so not sure, and I don’t think they come with tire’s anymore.
Nothing against Allen but I have a few modded wheels from him that were removed for vibration problems and replaced with the Beringer.

SRV02A is/was the Beringer PN, ACS has some new PN’s I haven’t seen before so not sure, and I don’t think they come with tire’s anymore.
Nothing against Allen but I have a few modded wheels from him that were removed for vibration problems and replaced with the Beringer.

I have the antisplat nose wheel and it has been pretty good as far as vibration goes until yesterday when I put the nose wheel pant on for the first time. I noticed quite a bit of vibration and I have a camera I can watch the nose wheel. It was bouncing quite a bit just on taxi. I took the pant off and spun the tire - the tire is a bit out of round - probably from sitting for a long time while I was building. It is really noticeable with the wheel pant on.

My question is in your opinion should I try a new tire or just bite the bullet and get the Beringer nose wheel - tire?*Thanks. *

I have the antisplat nose wheel and it has been pretty good as far as vibration goes until yesterday when I put the nose wheel pant on for the first time. I noticed quite a bit of vibration and I have a camera I can watch the nose wheel. It was bouncing quite a bit just on taxi. I took the pant off and spun the tire - the tire is a bit out of round - probably from sitting for a long time while I was building. It is really noticeable with the wheel pant on.

My question is in your opinion should I try a new tire or just bite the bullet and get the Beringer nose wheel - tire?*Thanks. *

The Beringer assembly really is the way to go if you can afford it. The "maintenance free" is next level without a tube.

New tire received

I decided to order a new tire from ACS. I got an 8 ply Cheng Shin. When I got it - in one day, it looks like a go cart tire. It does not have the round look of my existing tire. Has anyone used a tire shaped like this? I can see advantages and dis advantages but Im not sure I am willing to give it a chance and will just order different tire. It looks good and solid, but the shape is weird for a nose wheel.
Anyone with experience with this tire?

Attachments

• image1(1).jpeg
    image1(1).jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 134
  • image0(1).jpeg
    image0(1).jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 122
I just changed mine today and used the Cheng Shin tire from Aircraft Spruce. When inflated mine took on the curved appearance of the original Lamb tire.

Back