What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Other uses for the Van's ELT brackets?

idubrov

Well Known Member
Any other uses for the ELT bracket from Vans (https://store.vansaircraft.com/elt-...supply-bracket-right-elt-pwr-mount-7-9-r.html)?

I bought both left and right, and now I don't know if I need left at all (the right one I am going to use for an ELT).

Since I haven't riveted aft fuselage yet, this is now the easiest time to install these brackets, but can't think of a good use for the left one. Given that RV-7 tends to have aft CG, I probably don't want more equipment / weight at the back?

But on the other hand, my tight fit 90 angle drill attachment is not small enough to drill the bracket in place, so if I don't install it now, it would be a royal pain to install it later. Thoughts?

Last edited:
if I don't install it now, it would be a royal pain to install it later.

Agreed. I used one on the right side to mount the Dynon ADSB. Those brackets can be very handy. Nice to have back there.
092420001.jpg
(Sorry, the image is upside down)

Originally, the RH bracket is used for the ELT and the LH bracket was used for the Whelen strobe powerpack. Probably been superseded by LED strobe lights.

Back