What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Smoke stayed in

Steve Crewdog

Well Known Member
Patron
Very basic power up after rewiring about 1/3 of the electrical system for clarity, my anal retentiveness, to make it field repairable, and to learn what I did not by contracting it out. The gent that did the harness did a beautiful job, but I was incredibly remiss by not being more involved, I had no idea how to repair it, and an old USN Chief who put in 20+ years wiring everything from props-jets grilled me mercilessly over that until I took it all apart, relabeled everything, replaced most of the white wires with red or black, added quick-release connectors where possible, and could draw the schematics of any system for him on demand.

Yes, the wiring needs some tightening up, and not everything is hooked up yet. I do have a couple "funnies" I need to track down, but they're not critical and can wait until I get home in a couple weeks.

Thanks to everyone here for letting a "Seagull" tap your brain trust for knowledge.

Attachments

• Avionics bay.jpg
    Avionics bay.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Alive again.jpg
    Alive again.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Back