What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VM 1000 engine monitor parts

I have the VM1000 engine monitor in RV-6A that has oil temperature sensor P/N 3010021 reading 20 degrees colder than actual temperature. I've tried to contact Reggie Smith, who is known to keep a good supply of replacement parts at a reasonable price, but had no luck reaching him. Anybody have any luck finding a replacement sensor?

Bob Mills just pulled a VM1000 out of his airplane, so he may be able to help you directly. He also has the contact info with the JPI guy that continues to support the sensors and has been very helpful to Bob. If he doesn't chime in here soon, just PM him at RVMILLS

Billy,

I have a couple that I'll send you. A little background. They are from a lot that JPI had some infant mortality with that I received just before OSH '21. They sent me 3 to try. One had issues on flight 3, the next worked until I removed my VM-1000. I'll send you that one, and the 3rd (untested) unit. I'll reply to your PM to connect on shipping.

JPI out in SoCal supports as best they can. If these don't work, call them at 1-800-345-4574 or 714-557-3805, and ask for Scott. Not sure of the current status of parts, but they'll help if they can.

Hopefully these will work.

Cheers,
Bob

VM-1000 Rpm transducer needed

Hello All

I'm in need of an RPM transducer for my vm-1000, part number Part#3010005 RPM.

I'm hoping somebody out there has one they can spare.

Thanks

Phil 925-570-5190

Back