What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Towbar

glen25781

Hi all,

I need a towbar for my 6A. Aircraft Spruce says they are backordered til March. Anybody know where I can get one? Moving it in and out of the hangar is pretty difficult solo...

Glen

I did not order it yet since I don't want to wait for 6 weeks.

The towbar they have listed that is specific for the RV A series is M 340-026

Hoping to find an alternative before that

Build one

If you just want to use it at your hangar, they are pretty easy to make. You just need a couple 4' 3/4" angle, (2) 1/2 inch brass pipe caps, a 12" 1x2 wood and a few bolts. You can use a bungie cord if you want to make sure it doesnt slip off.

It wont fold for travel but will work fine at your hangar. The scooter mod is great for flat, but does not have enough power to get it up the slope at my hangar.

Attachments

• tow.jpeg
    tow.jpeg
    1,022.7 KB · Views: 196
Scooter tug

That is bloody brilliant. Dang I wish I had kept a relative's scooter. We couldn't even donate that thing. Nobody wanted it and I had no place for it. Go figure. Now I'm gonna watch for freebies!

Bogi-Bar

Thanks mucho

I found the website and ordered the Bogi-bar for the RV6A

5 days to delivery!

Appreciate the info, guys!

Glen
Destin, Fl

When I owed my 6A I never needed or used a tow bar to push back my plane. With a little practice it’s not hard to control it. Small movements to the front wheel is key to control. A tow bar came with my plane when I bought it and never used it. To me keeping it in the plane was more of a hassle and took up space

Last edited:
Back