What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Grin for Young People

Great language!

“Poppin a wheelie” as the nose comes up…..great kid language….I really enjoyed it.

Cheers,

Nothing better than seeing the smiles on the Young Eagle kids' faces when you lift off and climb into the sky. I feel like they love the RV as much as they love the thought of flying through the sky in a little plane!

You're Doing a Great Thing

I've flown just over a hundred kids in our RV-6. That's not even nearly a record, plenty of other folks have flown hundreds. i had a great time every flight. Kids who are interested enough to take a ride are usually pretty sharp kids, ask good questions and listen to the answers. Every single one did some of the flying. I had about three or four who were reluctant to touch the stick, and I, well, tricked those kids into flying a by making sure they saw I still had the stick before they took it. After demonstrating a couple of turns while they followed me thru, I would always notice the stick moving on its own in subsequent turns. Then I just kind of slowly let go, put my hand on my knee and watch them fly. The look on their face when I tell them they made the last couple of turns is priceless.
I've had to slow down some because my wife is a worrier, but she still lets me fly a kid every now and then. Seriously, you're giving these kids a great experience even if that's as far as they ever go in aviation. At least they had the experience. For some, it's life changing in a very positive way.

Nothing better than seeing the smiles on the Young Eagle kids' faces when you lift off and climb into the sky. I feel like they love the RV as much as they love the thought of flying through the sky in a little plane!

I agree I flew a Young Eagle last Saturday

https://youtu.be/ieSc8DLeR_U\\

Attachments

• 40C34674-0D53-4EC1-8F26-4EDADD5DD3CD.jpg
    40C34674-0D53-4EC1-8F26-4EDADD5DD3CD.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 118
Back