What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IN, OH, IL, MI A&P

GrinchF16

Well Known Member
I have an insidious oil leak on my O360 that my A&P (who is primarily a jet guy) and I have been fighting for a couple months. Anyone have recommendations for a “O360 Whisperer” A&P in the Midwest? Someone with great experience with these motors. Any recommendation is appreciated.

Thanks

I do not know exactly where you are in Indiana, but in Shelbyville Indiana (GEZ) there is a mechanic that has a lifetime of experience and helped me with my 7A and IO360 that I would definitely recommend. He is the only mechanic on the field.
I hope this will be of help to you.

Not an A&P but

I can help you narrow down potential causes. In 14 years of flying an RV6 I have had to mess with various causes of oil leaks. I’m located on the North side of Indy.

Poplar grove would be another choice for a well regarded shop. There are a few A&Ps on that field. Don't have a contact for you, but if that's convenient to you, I'll get one.

I can help you narrow down potential causes. In 14 years of flying an RV6 I have had to mess with various causes of oil leaks. I’m located on the North side of Indy.

Frank,
I think, maybe, possibly, we have it under control. Hopefully weather will be good enough to fly this weekend… If we are still having trouble, I’ll be in touch.
Thanks
Brian

Back