What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nose Wheel Fairing Bracket - Which one?

CD.

During my conditional inspection I discovered that the right front fairing bracket on my 7A has a crack in it. :eek:

I am not the builder, but I have the plans, looked up the part #, verified it on Vans and ordered a replacement. The part I ordered is "U-00713C-R-1 Nose Wheel Fairing Bracket, Right" which is for the 7A and 9A kits. The part came in today, looked great and I was really excited. That is until I discovered that it isn't the same size as my old one.

So I need some assistance... Do these come in different sizes? If so, based on the pics, can someone tell me which I have and need to order?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

• 20220214_221331.jpg
    20220214_221331.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 20220214_221424.jpg
    20220214_221424.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 20220214_221536.jpg
    20220214_221536.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 145
U-713C-R

Hi,

Go back on to the Van's website and look at P/N: U-713C-R to see if it looks exactly like your cracked part.

It will show it as for 6A and 8A but this is the part I received for my 7A.

Cheers,

There are different parts depending on the nose-gear / engine mount style that you have.

I'm guessing you have the earlier single-bolt at the top of the tube nosegearleg instead of the newer one with the three hockey pucks.

Nose gear Bracket

Look at the instructions for finishing the Vans supplied brackets. The slot has to be enlarged and shaped to fit the front wheel assembly. The drawing shows how it fits - the build instructions tell how to get there.

KT

Yes, I have the older style nose gear leg, not the new one with the 'puck' system.

It appears that the P/N: U-713C-R is the correct one... at least it looks correct. The one I received is about 1/2" narrower than what I have installed. On Van's, the P/N: U-713C-R looks wider than P/N: U-00713C-R-1 and the axle/bolt locations look to be appropriately spaced to match what I have. But that is just me eye-balling it... I don't see dimensions on the part on Van's.

I attached a picture showing the measurement differences between my part and P/N: U-00713C-R-1 which I ordered and received.

Attachments

• fairing-bracket.jpg
    fairing-bracket.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Here's a pic of P/N: U-713C-R from Van's store. It looks like the dimensions are more proportionally correct than P/N: U-00713C-R-1.

What do you think? Does this look like the correct one?

Attachments

• u-713c-rimg2.jpg
    u-713c-rimg2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
The preformed part from the vans store are the parts that needs to be trimmed and drilled. Should be left and right handed parts.

KT

During my conditional inspection I discovered that the right front fairing bracket on my 7A has a crack in it. :eek:

I am not the builder, but I have the plans, looked up the part #, verified it on Vans and ordered a replacement. The part I ordered is "U-00713C-R-1 Nose Wheel Fairing Bracket, Right" which is for the 7A and 9A kits. The part came in today, looked great and I was really excited. That is until I discovered that it isn't the same size as my old one.

So I need some assistance... Do these come in different sizes? If so, based on the pics, can someone tell me which I have and need to order?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Why don't you just flush rivet a doubler over the hole area back to the first bend? Easier than trying to make something new fit...

U-713C-R

Hi,

I notice your comment that you have the plans (which I assume are the ones used by the original builder). Look up Drawing C1 and it will give you the part number the original builder would have used.

Plus, looking at your photo of the old and new part side by side, my comment is that the old part is P/N: U-713C-R.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the help. I have ordered P/N: U-713C-R and Van's shipped it this afternoon! Super fast service! WOW!

Back