What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for CDI to ARINC converter

recapen

Well Known Member
I am looking for a converter that will take the analog signals from my SL-30 and convert them to ARINC...

I know - it's built in to the SL-30! Yes, but using it turns the analog signals off - I have a backup display that does not accept ARINC - only the old analog signals. My GRT and AFS systems will take the ARINC only...

Getting a converter would allow me to use the backup display and have the primary displays from the converted ARINC signals.

OK - I'll accept that as my mistake.

I still need something to convert from CDI analog to ARINC as it is an input option to my devices.

Alternatively, with the realization of my error, maybe a CDI to RS-232 converter is an option as well.....

Thanks for the education

What GRT system do you have? The older boxes - like the Hx, HS, etc., can accept analog inputs just like the conventional CDI does.

It is a Mini-AP - I got it simply to replace my Century HSI.

It will take the serial output from the SL-30 - but that disables to analog output to my backup CDI... I have it wired for serial - but want the backup as well.....

I thought the AFS units now took most of the Dynon components. THs HS34 will accept the analog CDI inputs, as well as Arinc/RS232. At least it used to.

Larry

Back