What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ACS shipping and service

scsmith

Well Known Member
Usually when I order hardware from ACS, it comes from the store in Corona, CA, and it takes just two days with regular UPS Ground shipping.

My last order was drop-shipped from a secondary supplier in TX, and it took 9 days for UPS Ground shipment. This even though the web-order site showed it as "in stock" at the Corona store.

Has this been happening to anyone else? Big difference is service, delivery from their customary practice.

I'm seeing service as usual.

I placed an order on Sunday and a follow-up order (oops) on Monday. I specified UPS ground transport for both, and both were fulfilled from the Peachtree City GA location.

Both shipments arrived today.

I am getting a lot more false "in-stock" at the Corona facility. I ordered a few nuts and bolts that the website showed as in stock. I went to pick them up at will call (30 min drive from my house) to find out 1/2 of them are not in stock and shipping from the midwest took 2 weeks to arrive.

I’ve had a lot more UPS shipments delayed in the past year, from all suppliers. The delivery dates are no longer guaranteed in most cases. No particular issues with ACS that I haven’t had from others.

I do know that lots of “little” standard parts are getting hard to find due to kinks in the supply chains around the world.

Paul

ACS East is one state away from me. I too have been seeing items as in stock - East only to see otherwise at checkout. I placed an order and never got a shipping notification. Inquired with ACS and was told the materials weren’t cut and would be delayed. I have a date to get some parts custom fab’d from an FAA certified welder/shop that I couldn’t miss. I ordered same from Wicks and when I called to cancel the ACS order, was told the package had shipped. Both of the people I spoke with can’t be right. To their credit, I canned them on the purchase survey and I did get an email back from the President. This all happened yesterday. I understand that stuff happens but at least be up front with me.

Update. ACS President has been following up and trying to make things right, This says a lot to me. Quite rare these days.

Last edited:
USPS

I had ACS send me something kind of small - some Nordlock and copper washers - via cheapest USPS to Switzerland, and it came in 3 days. It was a puffy envelope. It almost took more time to convince them to ship it USPS than it did to actually arrive!

I also ordered something small from GRT in Jan and it still has not arrived. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

located in the same mini country as Mickey ;)

Ordered 2 pieces of 3ft hinges, an oil separator, and misc screws on 02/25/21... shipping $43.94 UPS exp, triangular package delivered a couple of hours ago on 03/03/21. Lest I forget, customs clearing usually eats not only my wallet, but also a couple of days...
International shipping with UPS, ACS as a service provider: Kudos :)

Not sure East or West, but one thing I learned for sure is to check the item is in stock before ordering...

Last edited:
We've seen a substancial slow down in UPS and Fed Ex travel times. They blame iit on the weather situation in the south ---over 2 weeks ago. Have a package that got held up in Compton, Ca for 15 days. Several going from our production shop to Canada get held up for 25+ days in Canadian customs, no matter what service we use. On the brighter side, USPS is getting better --on the east coast anyway.

I really dont know why, but its very frustrating, not only for you, but for us too. We were getting inquiries as to tracking and locations of the shipments, that we started sending tracking emails when the shipments were processed. Doesnt help getting the packages MOVING their the shipping systems, but at least the clients know that things were shipped.

I've had several discussions with FED EX and UPS about this very subject, but no real good answers. And for international clients, gee guys, either its a very expensive UPS/FED EX/DHL shipment---or a slow row boat USPS thats sometimes 45+ days to get to Europe.

If anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears.
Tom

Yep

I recently ordered three items that were shown as available in Corona. I live in California so this is important.

When I get the shipping notification, all three items were being shipped from Peachtree, Georgia. They took forever to get here.

This is the first time in almost a hundred orders from them that this has happened.

Yes, we all understand that shipping seems to have been disrupted by the pandemic -- not sure why that would be? Maybe greater shipping volume and less in-person shopping?

Anyway, the primary point here was that I ordered hardware that was shown as in-stock at the Corona, CA store, and yet was drop-shipped from a secondary supplier in Texas. (Aero-Performance).

I suppose I shouldn't complain too much - if the alternative was to notify me that it as back-ordered, and have it go from TX to the Corona store, get repackaged and then sent to me, then what they did was better. But it showed as in-stock.

I've probably ordered 4 times in the last two months. The recent freeze definetely caused problems. Otherwise, I appreciate - and have had very good luck - selecting which facility I get materials shipped from in the last year. A definite improvement.

It takes way too long to get things exported out of California to Texas. Georgia or the Texas facility to Houston is two, sometimes three days with standard shipping.

Hey I got one for you.
Don't ya love it when you order something from X supplier and they say not in stock, won't be till 2 months later, so you cancel order and move on and order from somebody else that says they have it in stock.
THEN both arrive in three days. Like WHAT is going on here.
Ordered some exhaust for a race car back in November supposed to take a month or so. We haven't got it yet. Get notifications from UPS. IT"S on it's way. Someday.
But that said I have placed a dozen orders With ACS in the last month or so. Got them in a reasonable time line.
Ain't life fun now?? At least we can still order from Amazon. Ha Ha
Art
WOW Must be magic. Posted yesterday about exhaust not being here and when I got home from hanger. It was on my front porch. Cool. Now time to install and go Vroom VROOM !!
Ya I know it's not airplane related but I've been working on my RV-6A for the last few weeks and I need a distraction.

Last edited:
Shipping issues are something that is a problem right now across all industries. As are supply issues and lead times. I have had some molex pins on order since nov (not with acs) and they have pushedthe expect date back 4 times, they now say June. That part is what it is and the vendors really can’t do anything about it. My complaint is when they say in-stock and it isn’t. That all on them, it’s their IT and inventory controls system. I’ve never had that problem acs and I hope that it’s not a trend.

Bob burns
Rv-4 n82rb

As we all know by now, shipping is going thru the roof... and we might be far from the peak :(

Overseas order:
Just placed an order with ACS, about half of the items out of stock despite the 3 retail points, and choosing the cheapest shipping with UPS adds almost a 1/3rd to the total.
Good thing I clicked on the right option, as FedEx would have charged as much as the value of the goods themselves :eek:

Added to the increase in fuel price, aviation costs are exploding...

Attachments

• ACS.png
    ACS.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 325
I have placed several orders for small, lightweight items (gaskets, bolts, etc.) with ACS in the past few months. I live in Dallas and all have shipped from the Texas facility wherever that is. I received all of them within two days using the cheapest possible method of delivery as shown on their order form. Very happy with the service and glad to be near an inventory hub.

I was actually surprised the deliveries didn't take longer.

Chris

I have placed several orders for small, lightweight items (gaskets, bolts, etc.) with ACS in the past few months. I live in Dallas and all have shipped from the Texas facility wherever that is. I received all of them within two days using the cheapest possible method of delivery as shown on their order form. Very happy with the service and glad to be near an inventory hub.
I was actually surprised the deliveries didn't take longer.
Chris

The Texas Aircraft Spruce facility is in Ft. Worth.

My last several orders from ACS have come from three different locations, usually at different delivery times. Shipping costs have risen along with many other things, keeping up with the largest increase in cost of living expenses in a long time. These are the times we live in. Difficult to deal with when you are retired and living on a fixed income………. I know,……. first world problem. I’m building an airplane to enjoy my freedom we have in this country. I’ll try not to complain.

Shipping

ACS has been pretty reliable for me.
Unrelated to ACS, another vendor, pretty bad. Do not trust JW Logistics.
The vendor used them to ship the $1300 item.
One month later I finally had waited long enough and called to cancel.
Next day the truck shows up. Pallet looks like they dragged it the 50 miles from the Denver warehouse. Needless to say, I refused it. Vendor issued a credit.
Guess I didn't need it after all.

Back