What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need Help with Floor Cover 33-04

Gandalf

Well Known Member
I seem to be missing Floor Covers on my RV12 build and cannot find a part number. I want to install my fuel tank and it seems like I should put in the access cover next to the baggage bulk head first. On 33-04 I see part F-1229.

I need the floor cover part number aft of F-1229 and forward of part F-00102.

I just cannot seem to find the plans that show this part. Can someone please direct me to the page in the plans where this cover is installed so that I can order this part.

Thanks,
Jeff

I'm building an RV-12iS, so my printed plans are a little different, but looking at my old electronic study plans for the RV-12 I believe the part you're referring to is F-1206E. It seems that it's pointed out on page 33-01 and listed in the parts index on page 3 of section 4, but I don't see where it's installed. The parts list indicates it's part of the Finish kit.

I found a couple of references in section 44 about removing that cover and replacing it according to section 33. Have you checked on Van's website to see if there's a newer revision to section 33?

Sorry, this isn't really much help.

I'm building an RV-12iS, so my printed plans are a little different, but looking at my old electronic study plans for the RV-12 I believe the part you're referring to is F-1206E. It seems that it's pointed out on page 33-01 and listed in the parts index on page 3 of section 4, but I don't see where it's installed. The parts list indicates it's part of the Finish kit.

I found a couple of references in section 44 about removing that cover and replacing it according to section 33. Have you checked on Van's website to see if there's a newer revision to section 33?

Sorry, this isn't really much help.

That is a great help actually. Good eye seeing Part F-1206E on 33-01. There does not seem to be an update to Section 33.

Jeff

Update: There is no part F-1206E available. I will need to call.

Last edited:
It’s part of the avionics install since ~2015. The single piece cover is obsolete and was replaced with a two piece cover. Have a look at;
42C for dynon
42N for Garmin

It’s part of the avionics install since ~2015. The single piece cover is obsolete and was replaced with a two piece cover. Have a look at;
42C for dynon
42N for Garmin

Oh. That is interesting. Is it hard to put on the cover if I install the fuel tank now? My plan was:

1) Install fuel tank.
2) Install canopy.
3) Install avionics.

What would you recommend I do next?

Thanks,
Jeff

What you’re planning will work. The canopy may be a bit of a nuisance when you are doing the work behind the panel, but it only takes a few minutes to remove it if it’s in the way. The tank won’t bother you when the tunnel covers go in.
Cheers DaveH

What you’re planning will work. The canopy may be a bit of a nuisance when you are doing the work behind the panel, but it only takes a few minutes to remove it if it’s in the way. The tank won’t bother you when the tunnel covers go in.
Cheers DaveH

Good to know. I was losing my gumption. Thought I had lost/misplaced the cover. Looked everywhere for the missing part and was getting a bit down on myself.

This forum is really a wonderful resource for builders.

Thanks to everyone for the quick and helpful responses. I will press ever onward.

Jeff

Back