- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 07-30-2022, 10:03 AM

Default VA-980 ATS Osh deal

Wondering if anyone has used the VA-980? I have used a borrowed, older version VA-400 which is rigid with an articulating tip.

The updated version of the VA-980 has better resolution (1280x720) than the older VA-980 or VA-400 but it comes with a flexible arm. The worry is that it will be too flexible and lose its shape while it is being manipulated around looking at cylinders?

With the coupon code "OSHDEAL" the new version of the VA-980 is $200 from ATS or $260 with the BT adapter which seems like a good deal.

Anyone with experience with the newer version of the VA-980?
Currently building the -8
www.N7ZK.com
"How's it feel to be the fastest plane in the sky? You were spanking two Cirrus planes, a Mooney, and another plane. I took screen shots" - Quote from the best wife in the world.
Old 07-30-2022, 12:11 PM

I bought the VA400 last year, and it works ok.. if you are only doing cylinders, I would have gone with the rigid VA200. Do they have a newer rigid one that has the better resolution?
RV-8 empenage finished 10-2020

Wings Started.. 11-2020
Old 07-30-2022, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltruda View Post
I bought the VA400 last year, and it works ok.. if you are only doing cylinders, I would have gone with the rigid VA200. Do they have a newer rigid one that has the better resolution?

Not sure what resolution your unit has but yes the newer version VA-400 has better resolution than the older units. Not sure when it got upgraded.
Currently building the -8
www.N7ZK.com
"How's it feel to be the fastest plane in the sky? You were spanking two Cirrus planes, a Mooney, and another plane. I took screen shots" - Quote from the best wife in the world.