What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aymar-DeMuth, Model 3200 propeller

FT3

I'm New Here
Sponsor
I just purchased an RV-6A with an Aymar-DeMuth, Model 3200 Propeller size 68 75. It is all wood, does anyone know what the RPM redline is on this prop?
Thank you!

I don’t know the answer, but treat that prop nice.. they are awesome performers and the maker passed away, so they are not making them anymore.

Prop RPM

What engine is swinging that prop? If you take the spinner off and look at the hub, the size of the prop and the engine it was made for are usually written on the hub.

The makers of wooden props are usually pretty good at matching their props with the engine/airframe. Aymar-DeMuth produced some excellent props. Bernie Warnkie made one of the best and, by my standards, prettiest props in the business. Sadly they have both gone to the Prop Shop in the Sky. I was the lucky recipient of one of the last props Bernie made. He called it his "Almost-Constant Speed Prop" and you can actually feel it grab as cruise speeds are approached.

I do not remember there being a redline on the prop itself. I think if it is properly mated with the engine, engine redline should be a good reference. Someone who is still flying an Aymar-DeMuth may know a little more.

IMHO YMMV

Aymar-Demuth Prop

Thanks to all for the response.
I appreciate the great information on the forums.
The engine is a Lycoming 320/160 HP
What I have read about the Aymar-Demuth Prop is that if properly cared for they perform well. Too bad the company went out of business!

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the response.
I appreciate the great information on the forums.
The engine is a Lycoming 320/160 HP
What I have read about the Aymar-Demuth Prop is that if properly cared for they perform well. Too bad the company went out of business!

They went out because the father that made them passed away.. he must have been an artist.

Back