What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Missing Generator Ground Wires?

jcl777

RV-12iS build w Garmin avionics. Page 42MiS/U-14 shows generator A ground K6282, and generator B ground K6283. These don’t exist anywhere on the wiring harness or in our inventory. Any ideas?

K6282 is a wire that goes from the Generator A grounding block to the EMS Battery Backup switch in the center console. I can't remember if it was zip tied to the harness.. or loose in a brown bag.. but I did have a little trouble finding a couple wires connecting to that fusebox.. and I think those were it.

K6283 is similar, but goes to the Generator B grounding block.

RV-12iS build w Garmin avionics. Page 42MiS/U-14 shows generator A ground K6282, and generator B ground K6283. These don’t exist anywhere on the wiring harness or in our inventory. Any ideas?

I just completed this part, mine were in the harness. I think I recall that I was puzzled to find them for a while myself but they were there. I think I was either looking for black wires (like the grounds attached just before), or I had inadvertently bunched them in the with the other wires that attach to the bottom of the fuse box.

Good luck. I would guess that they are there, hiding.

Back