What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

XCruze Wiring Questions

Pilotjim77

Well Known Member
Hey Guys,

I have two questions on wiring the XCruze 100 to my GRT Horizon WS EFIS:

1. On the autopilot connector, Pin 7 is an RS 232 output for communication with the EFIS to display autopilot mode information. Not sure where to connect this wire. GRT documentation shows that pins 20 and 24 are "serial input" spares, so I'm thinking they might be good candidates. I'm also not sure exactly what this connection achieves. What information does the autopilot feed to the EFIS?

2. On the autopilot, pin 12 is an audio annunciator output. The manual states that it connects to a Mallory Sonalert type device. Does anyone know kind of alert or annunciation this is going to give me? Can it be to an audio panel? Can it be connected through the GRT EFIS?

Neither of these pins were used in the prior installation of a Trutrak ADI Pilot 2.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I swapped my ADI Pilot 2 for an Xcruze 110.
It was my understanding that Pin 7 was reserved for future G3X / AFS-5000 connections.
On the 110 the documentation for Pin 12 said it was for a Yaw Dampener option.

I swapped my ADI Pilot 2 for an Xcruze 110.
It was my understanding that Pin 7 was reserved for future G3X / AFS-5000 connections.
On the 110 the documentation for Pin 12 said it was for a Yaw Dampener option.

For pin 7, the xcruze manual states "for communication with G3X or other system."

The manual also actually has two different wiring diagrams. The yaw damper reference only appears in the second wiring diagram which is specific to Dynon Skyview systems.

Back