What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Strobe Lights

cooprv10

I'm New Here
I am a multiple repeat offender on the RVs and am ordering the RV-14 kit shortly. I was wondering if most people use the AeroLEDs as are available on the order form or if you go with something else...ie cheaper.

Thanks,
Marcus

Hi Marcus
First post since joining in 2005?! Welcome to VAF!

We can help you out with lights for your RV-14. Please click the Flyleds logo below for more information.

I am a big fan of FlyLED products. I stuffed two of their 4-led landing/Taxi combos in my wings (I have one on each side), their Wigwag module, and their NAV-Strobe boards. Really nice stuff! I plan on doing their 7 Stars combo light on my next plane!

I absolutely will recommend not getting the aeroled's and going with FLYLeds. I went with their "The Original" position and strobe tip system along with their Seven Stars Landing lights for my RV 14A. Extremely well put together product. VERY bright!!!

Overall this is cheaper than the Aero LED stobes and position lights and much better in my opinion! Highly recommended! Good luck to ya!

I'm sure FlyLEDS is a fine product. However, I think the option offered by Van's (AeroLEDs) works very well and has some installation advantages (mainly that instructions, standard wiring harnesses etc are based on the packages Van's offers).

You can't really go wrong with either option.

FlyLEDs are awesome bits of kit and fantastic value for money, on top of that Paul is a super helpful guy should you have any queries, very highly recommended indeed.

I'm not flying yet, but I have FlyLED lights for all 3 corners, as well as leading edge land/taxi. They are bright and easy to wire up.

In addition to liking the product, I highly recommend FlyLED as a company based on the level of responsiveness and customer service that I've experienced.

Ditto for FlyLeds

I had a small issue and an email from Paul came back the next Australian morning. Very responsive.

AeroLEDS for us - 3 times now.

The Flyleds have a great reputation - it's just their appearance that puts me off. They look more like a science experiment :D

Only a personal view btw.

The quality, mounting system, finish and brightness of AeroLEDS make them my choice.

Professionalism and quality

Not sure about the science experiment comment, they look pretty well made and definitely have the best product support I have come across.

I have the FlyLEDS and believe they are one of the highest quality product out there.

They seem to have been designed and built specifically with the experimental aircraft community (Rv's specifically) in mind.

BUT, the most important thing is, do they work s required when you really need them to and to what extent.

I have now had them for over 7 years and not a hiccup. Pretty good quality from my perspective. Navs, wing strobes, tail strobe and 7 spot Landing lights. All good. :)

As an admittedly early adopter of aeroleds in my RV7 back in around 2009 and now Flyleds on my RV10 there’s really no comparison.
I’m very happy with my Flyleds.
Having first hand experience of boths customer support would lead anyone to the same conclusion.
Not sure why you’d care what they look like. You can’t look at them when they’re on :p

Mirror Plexiglass option

+1 for the FlyLeds. I made my own position lights for my first RV ( -10). And went with FlyLeds on the 14. I did spend a few more hours and made a set of mirror plexiglass overlays for the boards. Boy those things are bright when the light bounces off the mirror. Just need to get the plane painted now.

Attachments

• 7A23D73F-8FC8-4402-B871-877426C6E9FA.jpeg
    7A23D73F-8FC8-4402-B871-877426C6E9FA.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 118
Back