What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Places to buy rivets near Minneapolis

hk1232

I'm curious if anyone knows of any businesses near Minneapolis where you can purchase aircraft hardware such as rivets in smaller quantities.

Just got a crate date for my empennage kit so it looks like it will definitely beat the arrival for my practice kit (Vans isn't going to get any practice kits out until well into June based on the land order update I got).

Looking to build my own practice kit but don't want to be sitting on a bag of 2,000 rivets from Aircraft Spruce.

Thanks!

You can order very small amounts of rivets from AS&S. They are sold by the pound but you don't have to order a full pound. Example: .05 pounds of AN426AD-3-3.5 rivets is $2.50. Order an assortment of commonly used rivets and start some bins to keep them in. You can dump your rivets that come in your kits in the marked bins when they come.

Van's sells rivets by the pound too, although they appear to be significantly more expensive there than at Aircraft Spruce.

Local builder

I'm sure a local builder would just give or lend you some, as well as some scrap to practice on. Vans kits have many more rivets than needed and somebody is sure to have leftover rivets from their project. Is there an EAA chapter in Minneapolis that you are able to join?

I can help.

I can set you up with what you need! I’m in Eden Prairie at Flying Cloud, send me a private message if you’d like to stop out to get what you need. I think I have a complete “aileron” test kit.

You can order quantities in 1/10th of pound increments from Van's. Just put .1 for the quantity. I think you can do the same thing at Spruce too.

Back