What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Sender

RA9A

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the fuel sending unit with out removing the wing on the RV9

Yes, you can easily get the fuel sender out between the tank and the fuselage.
When you replace the sender, you can install NAS1352 socket head screws which will then allow the use of an Allen wrench for better access.

Yes, it can be removed without pulling the tank. I would argue with the previous posters about the use of the word "easily" :D but yes it can be done.

Thank you all
For your reply’s
I started removing the sending unit today
Removing the sealant is really time consuming

Use steal brush on cordless drill to remove all proseal from exterior edge, get the screws out.

Take 2-3 inch putty knife and sharpen the edge. Hit with hammer at as low as an angle you can , in the space allotted. Once under the edge, it comes off.

This is what I did

Thank you all for your suggestions I have used some from all of you and got the sender removed today

Use steal brush on cordless drill to remove all proseal from exterior edge, get the screws out.

Take 2-3 inch putty knife and sharpen the edge. Hit with hammer at as low as an angle you can , in the space allotted. Once under the edge, it comes off.

This is what I did

Using a steel brush that close to a fuel tank be risky?
george

Back