What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Time Lapse Video of RV-8 QB Delivery by Stewart Transport - Fuselage and Wing Kits

It looks like you were well prepared for the offload, and had a great assistant!

Thanks - I tried to be as ready as possible. Didn't really know exactly what to expect with the delivery, so hopefully the video will help other newbies like myself.

My daughter Sophie was awesome help - N number reserved with her initials...

Interesting to see it show up in a trailer painted with Factory Five Racing - a slightly different kind of kit company!

Pretty cool business model - you load special trucks up with airplane kits (Oregon) and deliver them from West to East. Then load up with car kits (Mass) and deliver them East to West. Rinse, repeat.

It was fun comparing notes on your delivery and mine. Partain Trading and Stewart Transport did an excellent job for me too; My location was also awkward, and I didn't expect the driver to get right to my driveway, but he did, and was very helpful with offloading. You had one major advantage: you had good weather. My QB kits were delivered during an ice storm. We managed to protect the parts and got them into the shop dry. Good times...
1l69sUxO8N-AU36ln5kFmLy3e4Uo7LqG8TJQly1kquzzabeeglD6NZapu3yvjxEqVTST-NUncdhumij-z2jpdZRF2efZXPF_2Kl4Ys4t-iQxdCdFFRdPcjQbhBRySgecDACzmHwxMSeaqrmzJl4dbY5rEfzEOMSa_Ej6XDnSTbVgvxmmNTr09Jv-yYopHppkL44YJpx31ygEtdng_gCOSQCokq3LzldOGe-mjUkF8YqOn5GXH-tzqpNQlMvIAy4uoZrS_yXQ7Yt0AKGXwBPIYXb_Jc9reVweLBRv6mB6pLZ1_arQgUWDkbTJCMtlQqlgVFxz1_dVnV4EMxNadzFPJ0cgexkvNdfknDotW1PuQUqdy93004RVcCMwp5RhYCgFnyWMwOEZRiSrD6rD0-bIACQpD9gdHNaSkDIGQPznmt4z0H5fIAq61XK2ZozYqnY0lsRiJb9SpZ8xGkodjgEBfQAKMSETw4oUDM_WrDWCACGTTpFv50BO6N2oi-jLo33ByhJt2ZF8i8q31qy1w_LJjgjGwagwgW8oskbD0B2dD_qbdX7CSxSKSzcn2QgYvsU1j5otk1DWRGU5wrWvnh3_FBSRj7TvppmiHTdV3TQ7jhH4NQ5siQzG-IY4d5gzNr6ux-523HejB5Pb2plB4aNuvV5T4YxNl79JIih7WpRtAzLYNm8UjrVSwF6Pw3OXPA=w864-h936-no

Perfect timing. I?m planning for my delivery by Stewart and was wondering how their crane worked. Looks like that helps a lot.

Back