What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

the polished edge

A5555

Well Known Member
cold and snowy outside, so I went back inside and had another beer and then I noticed the reflection in the canopy end polished edge. I polished the canopy edge 8 yrs ago and still looks good. nothing else to do but admire the aircraft. :) it seems I never do anything to this bird but regular maintenance items: oil, tires, etc. and just fly it. what more could you ask?

IMG_20220128_154941.jpg

IMG_20220128_154146.jpg

IMG_20220128_155738.jpg

IMG_20220128_160053.jpg

IMG_20220128_155615.jpg

Last edited:
Nailed it Steve!
Post flight or wiping down the airplane, even just grabbing a tool or cleaning the hangar 30 min in the hangar while sipping a beer is pretty magic.

Great looking plane Steve. Appreciate the close ups that are good enough to show the gas cap opener hanging from the glare shield.

Great looking plane Steve. Appreciate the close ups that are good enough to show the gas cap opener hanging from the glare shield.

hey, there is a key on that ring also. before I turn the prop, I always take a look to see if the key ring is velcro'd to the glareshield. if it's there, that means the key is not installed and the mags are OFF. the prop can kill you. I personally knew some of those who are now dead from it, like the guy that was in my hangar discussing about my aircraft 9 yrs ago. do a regular hot mag check often during shutdown, it only takes a second or two.

Last edited:
Back