What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trailer Rental for RV-10 Fuselage

msmst25

Well Known Member
It's time for me to move the fuselage out of the garage and into a hangar at Aurora. The wheel base seems a little wide for your average trailer. Does anybody know where I can rent a trailer big enough to accommodate this in the Portland metro area?
Thanks for any suggestions.

climate differences may make this impossible, however, I rented a two place snowmobile trailer that worked great. It is more than wide enough and it tilts for easy on load off load. Not too expensive either.

Larry

The only trailer I found that was wide enough was going to cost $250-$300 to rent. I ended up finding a flat bed tilt bed tow truck and the driver only charged me $200. It worked great and 3 of us were able to safely load and unload it. I think many folks have used this method for a 14 fuse on it gear. Not sure if the 10 gear is wider

Last edited:
A large roll back flatbed wrecker works perfectly for the move. Widths differ on these roll backs so make sure the company you use has one wide enough. I made prior arrangements for a specific roll back, but when the driver arrived with the smaller truck, he had to return to the yard for the wider deck wrecker.

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 76
Call a Moving Company

I called a local moving company. The forward half of my Fuse fit right in the box truck. Plus no wind issues on the freeway.

Attachments

• IMG_9239 copy.jpg
    IMG_9239 copy.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 74
Back