What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim Lever Moves When Using Aileron

FLB717

I'm New Here
When the Aileron is moved left or right the Aileron Trim also moves. How much tension should be on the trim block? What movement if any is correct?

The title is a little misleading.. when you say “Trim Tab” I feel most people are thinking about the elevator trim tab or a non standard aileron trim tab. I’ve seen the video you texted me, and for anybody reading this, he means the manual trim lever moves when he deflects the control stick. It’s like the friction in the lever (imo) is too loose. Anybody have any input on this?

Shouldn't move too easily.

The aileron trim lever in ours does not move when the stick is moved. The friction is enough to hold it in position, but not so much friction that you can't adjust it by hand.

When the Aileron is moved left or right the Aileron Trim also moves. How much tension should be on the trim block? What movement if any is correct?

After installation, a second adjustment is usually required. Add tension with the nut as you move full aileron travel without the lever being pulled. Then go just a little more. Confirm you can control trim.

Back