What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us your RV license plate

the plate is in........

hand. flying and water does it for me. standing in back yard heli pad, boat,party area. come on down to RV HOTEL!!!!!!!!
img0600vx.jpg

My license plate

IMG_0691.JPG

I have been intending to upload a photo of my license plate for some time. And yes on the bumper are the remnants of the heavy snowfall we had recently.

hand. flying and water does it for me. standing in back yard heli pad, boat,party area. come on down to RV HOTEL!!!!!!!!
img0600vx.jpg

Turbo!

We have the same plate up here but yours is much more colorful! Hahahaha

RV License plates.JPG

The -6 plate is Bill H's and the -7 plate is Thermos'.

:cool: CJ

HEAVY SNOW!!?? If you can still see the plate, it's a light dusting! :)

IMG_0691.JPG

I have been intending to upload a photo of my license plate for some time. And yes on the bumper are the remnants of the heavy snowfall we had recently.

I was inspired by Turbo's water view and wanted to "borrow" his idea by taking a photo of the plate at the boathouse looking toward the St. Johns River. Unfortunately, the weather the past few days has been uncooperative and I need to get the plate on the truck before I get stopped by the police. Thus this unimaginative shot...
photo-1-1.jpg

hey con.........

its not very hard to take the plate off later and get the river view. would be nice to see it.
img1456cm.jpg

local neighborhood friend!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun finally made an appearance so I took the plate down to the boathouse. This picture is looking out of the canal to the St. John's River. I had a "neighbor" like Turbo's friend that used to like to sun himself on my floating dock but I think that he moved out shortly after I moved in. Now I have to settle for regular visits from manatees. My neighbor across the canal built an RV7 a few years ago and another RV7 builder lives directly across the river. He is working on his finishing kit. Another neighbor completed and sold a Glassair II and is now building a second Glassair. We get daily flyovers from the folks at NAS Jax. It's a great neighborhood for pilots that love the water.

IMG_3836-1.jpg

WINGNUT, that is one...........

beautiful view. thanks. lots of these guys in ower area. one came by and tried to pick up a squirrel but dropped it before getting over the water. lucky one!
captain john, i guess we think alike. see you soon in june.

img0356k.jpg

Last edited:
Put mine recently :D Had a conversation prior to with a co-worker about the numbers he even consulted his spiritual leader. His minister mentioned that as soon as it's contained and not standalone digits the numbers are OK :) Especially if it's issued by a government business. Funny isn't it? Also BK is written in Cyrillic :D

Customplates.jpg

We have a bunch of these leftover from Oshkosh. Email me if you want to know if we have a particular color/aircraft combo.

RV plates

We also have a bunch of these license plate frames. RVs and lots of other aircraft.

License plate frames

Custom plates and frames are available too.

Rockets too, and a bunch of other cool stuff that isn't listed online:
  • military star (large USAF star graphic)
  • Round Engines Rule (with radial engine graphic)
  • Flying gives me a boner (with swooping RV graphic)

My apologies for the crude wording in the last one. However, it was one of the most popular sellers at Oshkosh, so what does that say about us pilots? BTW, it was my wife's idea. She's such a tramp.

Email me if you'd like one. $10 each, includes postage.

i was at snf with some friends and pulled into red lobster for a bite. a car pulled in next to us and a guy from Belgium got out and asked if he could take a picture of my rv license plate. he had been following us hoping we would stop. he and his buddy got their wish. they wanted to show their friend in europe who was building a rv.
img0600vx.jpg

Personalized Lic vanity plates

I know a few guys with a personalize vanity plate with something RV or their N-Number. Post photos of your license plate.

I am a two time offender.

lic 1.jpg

lic 2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm too much my father's son to waste a lot of money on a vanity plate - but they are so cheap here in Nevada that, well......

photo.JPG

The only thing is - Louise still has that car in Texas - and the Four-Runner that gets HER custom plate is here with me! We'll sort it out sooner or later....

Not specifically RV, but always flyin'. Finally(!) got a car that drives like my airplane flys.

Attachments

• IMG_0563a.jpg
    IMG_0563a.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Changes....they are a comin'

Visited my good friend, Gary Baker, who is finishing up his -6 while I was in Ohio. Looks like he will be changing his license plate VERY SOON. :D

2ccquft.png

Seen while at my friend's condo in Ohio. Don't know who this plate belongs to and never caught the owner. Just had to take a pic.

hsqgif.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it's not the license plate...

...but my truck still shows the RV pride. :cool:

photo+32.JPG

Our Offering in Plates!!!!

... Here is the finishing touch for that custom license plate. Thanks, Allan..:D

Keep in mind when you place your N number on your car, ANYONE can look up your address.....:eek:

A prank......
Years ago I had a friend that was a Hay salesman. He had special plates that said "BIG BAILS".
One day I took a piece of tape and changed his back plate to read..... BIG BALLS.

He couldn't figure at why so many girls were looking at him as they passed....:D

I've been the RV-4 guy in two states now. Just moved to Georgia about 6 months ago (Happy wife, happy life etc) and got the Plate there too!

Attachments

• IMG_6786[54091].jpg
    IMG_6786[54091].jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 95
Back