What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CN-2 drawings

I have an older RV-3 project I just picked up. The spar mods were done but I want to verify. I have the CN-1 document with the drawings but the CN-2 PDF from the Romeolima website did not have the CN-2 drawings. Does anybody have a copy they could email me?

Thanks. I was able to get VAN's to send me the drawing and instructions. Will now need to decide if I am going to upgrade my type 1 wings or install a set of B wings and a new center section. I have access to a set of used B wings and would feel better flying the plane with B wings between my legs!

I have access to a set of used B wings and would feel better flying the plane with B wings between my legs!

Just out of curiosity, why? Are you planning to exceed 6Gz?

FWIW, you can do aerobatics all day with loads under 3.5Gz. Anything much over that and the airplane just digs in and kills energy.

If the forward spar is exposed, you might as well do the modification. But I don't think there's much to be gained by going to the B wings other than superfluous work. JMO of course.

The wings with the current project are type 1 and have some damage that I need to repair plus I think the CN-2 upgrade has not been completed. I am going to assess their condition this weekend and determine what it will take to make them airworthy. As for the B' wings, I have a set lined up for a reasonable price. If the work to get the project airworthy is about the same either way then I will spend the extra money and put on the B wings.

Craig

The wings with the current project are type 1 and have some damage that I need to repair plus I think the CN-2 upgrade has not been completed. I am going to assess their condition this weekend and determine what it will take to make them airworthy. As for the B' wings, I have a set lined up for a reasonable price. If the work to get the project airworthy is about the same either way then I will spend the extra money and put on the B wings.

Craig

Makes sense to me! Good luck with it and please let us know how you proceed.

Richard

Back