What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Workshop wall charts

mburch

Well Known Member
Patron
At our previous house I had several handy paper charts tacked up in the workshop, with all kinds of useful building references: torque tables, edge distances, hardware diagrams, etc. Most of these were cut out of paper tool catalogs, which aren't really a thing anymore.

Now in my new workshop I'd like to post some of the same material. I could of course assemble the relevant info and make my own wall charts, but I thought I'd check first if anybody knows of anything like this already in existence. I'd pay a few bucks for a decent chart of handy RV-building data.

I have a nice one from Cleaveland aircraft tool, I think there just sent it with one of my orders a few years ago.

I made my own. It took a while to compile all the info from the AC43.13 and other sources, but works great.

I have a nice one from Cleaveland aircraft tool, I think there just sent it with one of my orders a few years ago.

I downloaded one from the Cleaveland tools website a few years ago, then with a recent order they sent me a nice shiny cardboard one. Not sure if / where to look on their new website for it now though.

Drill Size Contribution

Common drill sizes + drill chart.

Attachments

• Drill Sizes.pdf
    50.7 KB · Views: 644
Finally

Finally had time to pretty-up my chart and make it suitable for public display.

To cover bolt torque, I pinned a copy of the page from the AC43.13. Not at wiring yet, but I plan to do the same when I get to electrical. I suppose a couple pages from the Van's Builder's Manual would cover much of the necessities too. Make a copy of the pages, cut it out and pin it up.

I can't recall where the rivet strength data came from, so use with a grain of salt.

Attachments

• Data Sheet.pdf
    193 KB · Views: 432
Back