What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying animals

Fenderbean

Well Known Member
Hi Everyone, I wanted to ask for information. I have heard of organizations and people donating their time to fly pets to owners or new owners. I am looking into doing something like this for (don't hate me) a cat for my wife.
As a someone who did multiple combat tours and lost good friends I understand the power an animal can bring to the healing. I have one that helped me through dark times myself.... Since retiring from the military and settling down my wife has since gone through some life changing events and had a few years now of some dark times. I was looking into getting her a special feline, problem is the breeder is located in North Dakota and I live in Alabama.
With that can someone post any websites or contacts for groups or individuals that may offer a service like this? I don't expect it to be free but would love to make this happen.
For those that maybe wondering, its a special breed of cat, they call them munchkins, crazy money for a dwarf cat but like I said sometimes the benefits are more important.
Thanks up front and sorry if this a bad post for this forum but I really don't know another community this large and active.

Pilots N Paws +1 but . . . . . .

. . . . Pilots N Paws is generally about flying RESCUED dogs/cats etc to rescue organizations, fosters, and sometimes forever homes. It is a charitable thing so there aren't charges. Doesn't mean that several someones wouldn't be willing to donate their flying time to just be a delivery service - but they will probably be harder to find.
I have personally done quite a few PnP flights - and one of this length would probably involve at least 3 legs or more (3 pilots/planes).

Have you looked into UPS or FedEx? Apparently they have special provisions for shipping live animals.

. . . . Pilots N Paws is generally about flying RESCUED dogs/cats etc to rescue organizations, fosters, and sometimes forever homes. It is a charitable thing so there aren't charges. Doesn't mean that several someones wouldn't be willing to donate their flying time to just be a delivery service - but they will probably be harder to find.
I have personally done quite a few PnP flights - and one of this length would probably involve at least 3 legs or more (3 pilots/planes).

Have you looked into UPS or FedEx? Apparently they have special provisions for shipping live animals.

Thanks guys, im willing to pay for there time/fuel, this is one of those times I really wish I had a plane!

Thanks guys, im willing to pay for there time/fuel, this is one of those times I really wish I had a plane!

Probably need to do it outside of PnP then. Would need to be folks with certified planes (not experimental like RVs') and pilots with Commercial ratings to keep it all legally within the FAA regs for accepting compensation.

Back