What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How to use Quick change yoke pins in Pneumatic Squeezer

hk1232

Just getting started here and can't find any documentation on how to use the quick change yolk pins for my Pneumatic Squeezer.

I've got most of this Cleaveland kit:
https://www.cleavelandtool.com/collections/toolkit-pneumatic-squeezer-kit

The quick change pins don't seem to fit into the squeezer or yolk as I'd expect them to. Do you remove the rubber washers to install? Do you use a vise / hammer to force them in?

And how do you all get them out -- percussive force with a hammer?

If a new squeezer the pins can be tight. I tap with a hammer to get them to release. Just the metal pins should be removed.

I always put a little grease on the rubber o-rings. Without that, the rubber will get pretty chewed up when inserting and removing the pins. To take the pins out, I push them out with a screw driver or punch.

Same, a little grease and a tap with a rubber mallet, pin punch to remove. After a number of changes, the rubber cuts a little and is easier.

Quick change pins

As above…. They will loosen up with time and become easy to slide in and out. I have had a yoke whose holes were slightly off. If you have one yoke that’s really difficult, and others are not, you may need to swap that yoke out.

Oh you're all right -- little grease and I was able to get them in easily. Was briefly thrown for quite a loop there!

Pins

I bought quick release pins like these at the hardware store:

https://www.grainger.com/product/GR...LL2?opr=IDPPLARECS&analytics=PLAPDP_undefined

I don’t remember the diameter and length, but they are the right size. Smaller diameter for my Tatco hand squeezer, and larger diameter for my pneumatic squeezer. I’ll put a little oil or grease on them once in a while to make it easier, but the pins come out with just a tug and no tools.

That's what mine look like. No rubber on mine. I did add two neodymium magnets to the body to keep the rings from flopping around.

Mine were very tight, too, but after a few removals, I was able to push them with my finger. Then I use my cleco pliers to pull them out.

pulling-quick-change-pins.jpeg

Pneumatic Squeezer

I'm thinking about purchasing a pneumatic squeezer also and a thought occurred to me. Would it be better to purchase it with a Longeron yoke instead of the standard 3"?

Back