What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EMS D-10 Kavlico sensor question

AN23

Well Known Member
I am just wrapping up doing a VFR panel upgrade to our RV-8 which involved installing a used Dynon EMS D-10. Today, we cranked it for the first time and everything is perfect except the fuel pressure. I ordered and installed the newest Kavlico sensors and, as I understand it, the 150 psi version is used for both oil and fuel pressure (IO-360 angle valve). That's what I installed. I have updated the unit to the latest software version and selected sender type 7. The problem is that the fuel pressure reads about one third of normal (10 psi versus 30 psi). I called Dynon and they said I have to get the 50 psi Kavlico but that seems to contradict everything I read. What am I missing?

Attachments

• AC8137A0-7085-4C00-BC4A-48E5ECAE52B8.jpg
    AC8137A0-7085-4C00-BC4A-48E5ECAE52B8.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 91
Question answered - KUDOS to Dynon AGAIN!

Ok, I talked to both David and Don at Dynon today. While, for me at least, the latest Kavlico addendum doesn't make it clear, the EMS D-10 REQUIRES part number 103713-000 (50 psi) for fuel pressure signal. It uses the 150 psi sensor for oil pressure only. Most of the other Dynon EMS systems use the 150 psi sensor for both oil and fuel pressure. The 50 psi sensor comes with it's own resistor that must be installed and requires the selection of 7 on the sensor type entry.

In these days, it is so refreshing to witness superb service, on legacy equipment by any manufacturer. Thanks Don and David!

Last edited:
Nice panel layout

That's a nice looking panel layout, it looks like it was all well thought through beforehand.

Glad you got the sensor issue resolved and posted here for others to see.

How much compass deviation does your 796 cause?
I worked on one RV with similar component spacing & the compass was about 30 degrees off any time the GPS was powered. He set the rule to not believe the compass unless the GPS was turned off (or pooched).
I guess you could swap the compass & G-meter locations if the deviation is too distracting.

Last edited:
Back