What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cabin Heat Control

rowsley

I am having an issue with my cabin heat. There's plenty of heat but the control gives pretty much full on or full off. I've checked the control box and all seems normal but I get full heat when I first crack it open. Is there a better way to modulate the heated air flow?

Bob,

You say your linkage is working well and the ratio is reasonable (a real short arm on the door might make for twitchy response).

Then what you're seeing is probably just what you'd expect. A big blast of hot air due to all the super-heated metal in the system dumping all that heat at once.

Does the temp settle down after it runs for a few minutes? Mine (-7) drops significantly in cold weather after 60 seconds.

Good luck!

The heat stays the same over time. There seems to be no modulation of the airflow, it's just ON or OFF. I'm not sure what heat control I have. Is there one that is good for this? I see several types for sale on Spruce and other places. The only other solution I thought of is swapping the inlet and outlet hoses to see if that makes a difference.

I put an electric servo on the cabin heat door, with indicator. Some have gotten a bit more fancy and added a thermistor to be able to select the heat, it works well, but there is a caveat.... If there is a fire or electrical issue, it might preclude shutting off the valve. But.....I like it.

Back