What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

American Propeller Governors

Status
Not open for further replies.

N82VM

Well Known Member
Just called APS about a PCU5000X. Parts department says they are in the process of discontinuing sales of all types of prop governors not just the PCU5000. Presumably to streamline the business.

THe PCU5000x governor is a Jihostroj governor made Czech republic that is rebranded for US markets. I ordered mine directly from Jihostroj. Its educational researching all the details of your prop engine combo. Several of us run these. These are a compact governor and was the only governor that fit in my cowl (non RV experimental) without requiring a firewall cutout to accomodate it. Hartzell's governor was too big.
https://www.jihostroj.com/en/propeller-governor.html

Last edited:
THe PCU5000x governor is a Jihostroj governor made Czech republic that is rebranded for US markets. I ordered mine directly from Jihostroj. Its educational researching all the details of your prop engine combo. Several of us run these. These are a compact governor and was the only governor that fit in my cowl (non RV experimental) without requiring a firewall cutout to accomodate it. Hartzell's governor was too big.
https://www.jihostroj.com/en/propeller-governor.html

The same has also been sold under the name of MT governor. I wanted to buy it directly from Jihostroj since they did not require a calendar base overhaul schedule unlike MT but communication with them was rather difficult at that time of inquiry which was a few years ago.

Bummer - I just took delivery of a PCU5000X the week before OSH. APS was great to work with and I was looking forward to having them as an 'option' for future service as needed. But, these being a rebranded Jihostroj I'm not too concerned. Whirlwind Propellers is a supplier of Jihostroj, and I just happen to have a -300C to go with this unit.

APS will still support it, per the parts guy. They just don’t want to continue to sell governors of any type.

Just called APS about a PCU5000X. Parts department says they are in the process of discontinuing sales of all types of prop governors not just the PCU5000. Presumably to streamline the business.

Interesting... I just bought a PCU5000x this morning from APS and nothing was mentioned about discontinuing sales? Maybe they are cleaning out the remaining stock they have...

Interesting... I just bought a PCU5000x this morning from APS and nothing was mentioned about discontinuing sales? Maybe they are cleaning out the remaining stock they have...

May I ask what they charged you for it? I need one as well.

Carl

We are NOT Discontinuing anything. Sales are robust. Great Governors. Please stop spreading dis-information.
Please supply the name of the person you spoke to I will see about getting them their walking papers.
I am the main Point of Contact at APS and the PCU's.
[email protected] if you have any questions.
Desk: 224 676-6906

APS will still support it, per the parts guy. They just don’t want to continue to sell governors of any type.

This is fake news. We still sell our propeller governors and the post has been reported to Doug Reeves. Please continue to reach out to us for future propeller MRO and governor requirements.

Chris Hutchings | Director of Sales & Market Development
Aircraft Propeller Service, LLC.

D: +1-224-676-6908
O: +1-847-541-1133 EXT 108
C: +1-847-804-3321

APS Ooooops

Thanks to moderator for letting me post my findings.

My mention of APS was the wrong APS.

The other day I called American Propeller Service. Hence APS no longer selling prop governors. Thought I’d heard something of note that others might want to know. Had no idea I was mixing up two different companies whose names both contain propeller and service, and start with the letter A.

I called Aircraft Propeller Service a little bit ago. Sorted it out when I gave them the phone number I called yesterday and spoke to the parts guy. Wrong parts guy. Wrong number. Wrong APS

As for kudos, I spoke directly with Joe at the Aircraft Propeller Services APS a few minutes ago and received excellent service. He still wants to sell me a governor after all the mix up I caused. Now that I’m talking to the right APS I’ll be picking up a new governor from them shortly.

We can close this one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back