What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

20 Year Anniversary N66AP

AlexPeterson

Well Known Member
The saying that time flies when one is having fun holds true! Or, was the saying one has fun flying while time goes by?...

While the first flight was on September 9th, 2001, I chose to call today the 20th anniversary as we'll be out of town on the 9th.

Some of the best memories I have are connected to this plane, whether it be the wonderful friendships I've made over the years or the spectacular majesty of our country I've seen through the canopy. And of course the warmth of the "friends" I've gotten to know here on VAF. I lost count long ago the number of unique passengers I've taken up, but it is probably around 200.

The Hobbs has 1752 hours, and my logbook shows it has a total of 2,238 landings. It has taken me to a majority of states, although not all 48 yet...

The RV grin does not fade, although there do seem to be more wrinkles now!

For those still building - the headaches, worries, expense, frustration, etc. will all be worth it!

Attachments

• Alex in N66AP 4SEP21 resave for orientation.jpg
    Alex in N66AP 4SEP21 resave for orientation.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 185
  • N66AP July 2021 KADC.jpg
    N66AP July 2021 KADC.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 185
Congratulations Alex! You've been an inspiration for me while I was building (2006-2010ish). I just punched in a decade of enjoyment. Thank you!

alex_-_1_(1).jpeg

Back