What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How do I disconnect this circular connector?

ac_oldman

The PTT switch on my Infinity Stick grip has become unreliable and needs to be replaced. From what I've read on other posts it seems wise to remove it from the airplane to do the disassembly and re-assembly.

The stick wiring appears to be terminated in a standard circular connector to the left of the stick base, but I can't manage to disconnect it.

Any hints? I'm not sure if I'm doing it incorrectly or it's been cemented together with some sort of thread locker.

Attachments

• StickConnector.jpg
    StickConnector.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 210
You should be able to twist the part closest to the rivets counter clockwise and it will come off. That looks like a standard CPC.

I'm of the opinion that if it ain't broke don't fix it. The PTT switch isn't hard to replace in place and could save you the problem of not only replacing the PTT but also the connector below should it break while you're trying to take it apart. The toughest part of your job will be putting the grip back together and getting all those wires tucked back into the stick around the lower mounting screw.

Back