What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ashland, OR S03 RV-7

NinerBikes

Well Known Member
Came across this very nice, minty green RV-7 at Ashland Muni in Southern OR in April of 2021. Surprised it was not in a hangar, but out on the tarmac. Beautifully crafted plane!

Attachments

• AshlandRV-7 20210411_110755.jpg
    AshlandRV-7 20210411_110755.jpg
    555.2 KB · Views: 405
Thank you for that compliment, Randy! I had parked the airplane and gone to town for a fine breakfast. I was on my way to Shelter Cove, Monterey, and Grover Beach. Fun trip! The Seven is a 'time machine'!

Doug, Desert Aire, WA (M94)

Aha!, Was kind of hoping someone knew someone who owned this plane!. Now, for more important data... I went to something with Goose in the name to eat a late breakfast after my visit to the airport... where do you recommend dining at while in Ashland, for breakfast? And how did you end up getting there and back to the airport?

So you stopped at L52, Oceano, CA ? Fond memories... my dual XC lesson had me landing there, while still very green after first soloing only a week or two before.

Last edited:
Yea that is a nice plane Doug has. Almost as nice as mine which I took from Eastern Wa to Southern Cal and back last Thur/Friday! haha

Greenleaf Restaurant on Lithia Creek downtown Ashland. Great service and fine food!
I hired Lyft to get there and walked back just a few miles.

Yea that is a nice plane Doug has. Almost as nice as mine which I took from Eastern Wa to Southern Cal and back last Thur/Friday! haha

At least post up a picture if you're going brag about your Pride and Joy! :D Thursday and Friday out of KWHP was hazy, 5 or 6 miles Vis, and MVFR most of the time. Not the kind of visibility I like to fly in in my VFR only RV-12. May Gray and June Gloom are here with a vengeance this Spring.

Last edited:
Yeah, John. Post a picture of that beauty!

Fuel stop at Gila Bend, AZ on the way to Santa Barbara. The leg took me right over the top of Palm Springs, Ontario, and Burbank. Landing and parking fee at SBA can be waived if you get fuel.

Last edited:
Back