What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Grinnin' in my new RV-4

robblr

I had a friend ferry it up to VA from GA last month, and after a weekend of transition training out in Texas with Bruce Bohannon, felt confident for my first flight. That was two days ago and I haven't stopped smiling.

Thanks to all in VAF who've assisted me through the selection and purchase of this amazing little machine!

Attachments

• PXL_20220504_230837571.jpg
    PXL_20220504_230837571.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 299
Hey you are pretty close to us!

Congrats on the new machine. We live in Bristow and based at manassas. Hope to meet you sometime! Built/Flying RV7, formed three way partnership after a couple years and now building an RV10 in the back of the hangar.

Great RV Grin! Congratulations! A whole new world is about to open up to you! But hey: how about a picture of your New Ride? We love grins but we love to see what you are scooting around the air in!

Welcome to HWY

I had a friend ferry it up to VA from GA last month, and after a weekend of transition training out in Texas with Bruce Bohannon, felt confident for my first flight. That was two days ago and I haven't stopped smiling.

Thanks to all in VAF who've assisted me through the selection and purchase of this amazing little machine!

Hey Robb.....welcome to HWY.....hopefully we can cross paths out there sometime! Great bunch of folks at the airport :)

Hey Robb.....welcome to HWY.....hopefully we can cross paths out there sometime! Great bunch of folks at the airport :)

Much appreciated. I've actually been based there for about three years in a Cherokee partnership. Absolutely one of the finest GA airports in the commonwealth. Hope to see you around!

Your new RV-4

of all the RVs the -4 sure gives the largest grin

Great looking airplane! You'll look good in there, man! You will have to change your Avatar picture!

As you know, having flown it already, it will quickly become your favorite airplane! NOTHING flies like a -4!. Yes, I am slightly biased.....;)
Congratulations! Welcome to an amazing club!

Congrats!! I got mine 6 years ago (even before getting my PPL), and if anything, the grin just gets bigger and bigger over time! Enjoy!

Back