What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Time to ship after crate date?

Anyone have a recent idea on general time to ship after crating date right now?

Already went through my tool box and practice kit last weekend and just twitting my thumbs right now.

Your guess is as good as mine.

The "crate date" on my finishing kit was 8/16. I'm taking delivery at Van's. So, I'm just waiting for shipping dept. to call.

crating time

my finish kit shipped ten days after being sent to crating; when I opened the box i was impressed, and totally understand their lead times. They pack it very well, and tight, and well-engineered. My canopy was fully secure, over an engine mount, and lots of assorted other parts packed in, with lots of paper packing to buffer and support the contents en-route. very pleased!

While siging a Van's form a week ago they included a letter that stated 4 to 6 weeks to ship (from crate date). No clue if that will hold true or not, yet as my -10 wings will be crated 11/1.

My crate date on the tail kit was supposed to be 8/16. I just got contacted by Van's to complete the payment, and they said it would be about 6 weeks until it was ready for shipping. So about 2 months longer than their website said back when I ordered it.

EDIT: Van's responded back to me and said in all likelihood a tail kit wouldn't take the 6 weeks since it's simpler than other kits. So it may be faster depending on the kit.

Last edited:
Mine was about 10 days. Website updated then a couple days after that I got the status change email. 14 tail kit shipping today!

Couple of weeks, and another week-ish for shipping. Less if you're frantically clearing space in your garage for another kit. :D

Back